Marietta lives in Tauranga with her family and has worked in the BOP and Waikato most of her professional life. She had two stints working overseas; in Australia and in Sumatra on VSA.
"I have been in private practice since 1998, working in the area of Health Consultancy, Supervision and Occupational Health. My business is New Zealand wide with a division in Auckland and contracted Nurses working from North Auckland to Timaru."
"I have a mixture of community, hospital and education practice with 15 years in ICU/CCU; 4 years in Nursing Education and 18 months in Hospital management (private surgical hospital). Within that time I also worked as a practice nurse in ICU/CCU as I developed my Private practice over seven years."
My philosophy on Professional Supervision
I believe it is my duty to create opportunities for nurses to 'make sense' of their practice in the delivery of health care or when managing other nurses. Professional Nursing Supervision is about reflecting and exploring options in a safe environment and supporting you to grow your "knowing of nursing".
I am a reflective practitioner. Mindfulness comes from knowing, reflecting, being open, aware – and just being in the space where your client or staff are. I believe in the individual strengths and potential of nurses and the uniqueness of their experience within the moment. I work comfortably within the frameworks of our codes of conduct and best practice and take the "duty of care" of our profession seriously.
- RGON (Registered General and Obstetrics Nurse)
- BN (Bachelor of Nursing)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Injury & Illness Management Industry (Massey)
- Critical Care Certificate (Waikato ITU)
- CAT (Certificate in Adult Teaching - Auckland AUT)
- Business Certificate (Waikato TI)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Supervision (Auckland University)
- Private Practice Health Consultant and Occupational Health Nurse for over 20 years
- Continual nursing practice for over 43 years in a variety of Health settings such as:
- ITU/CCU Units
- Nursing Tutor
- Matron of private surgical hospital (Southern Cross)
- Practice nurse
- VSA (Volunteer Services Abroad)